After the success of previous years, there will be a training school on PET/MR image reconstruction on Sunday 14th of April, organised by the CCP PET-MR team. The school will cover basic principles of the physics behind the acquisition process and image reconstruction methods used for both PET and MR. The school will include extensive practical sessions with the Open Source software Synergistic Image Reconstruction Framework (SIRF), which includes reconstruction methods for both PET and MR, and also image registration tools.
Prof. Kris Thielemans (University College London) with assistance by Dr. Negar Omidvari (Technical University of Munich) for local arrangements.
* Basics of MR physics and image reconstruction (1 hour): Gastao Cruz (KCL)
* Hands-on session with SIRF for MR image reconstruction (2 hours): Johannes Mayer (PTB)
* Basics of PET physics and image reconstruction (1 hour): Andrew Reader (KCL)
* Hands-on session with SIRF for PET image reconstruction (2 hours): Richard Brown (UCL)
* Synergistic reconstruction for PET-MR (30 mins): Kris Thielemans (UCL)
* Machine learning for image reconstruction (30 mins): Andrew Reader (KCL)
The school is sponsored by CCP PET-MR (http://www.ccppetmr.ac.uk/) and free for all attendees. Lunch and refreshments are included. The school is limited to 25 participants and priority will be given to students and early stage researchers (ESR), who are in the first four years of their research career after obtaining their PhD degree. Registration for the school is required and has to be completed before Monday 18th of March. Registration can be made by sending an email to email@example.com, including applicant’s complete name, affiliation, and the student/ESR status (if applicable). Accepted participants will be informed by email.
In addition, thanks to the UK EPSRC, CCP PET-MR can refund some costs for school attendees who have an affiliation to a UK institution or are based in the UK and self-funded. After registering, please email a brief statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with details on your institution and why you will attend the school, signed by yourself and your supervisor or line manager. Travel and two nights hotel will be refunded after attending the school on receipt of original receipts and an expense claim form.